- By decree of September 13, 2020, Venezuela becomes the 14th country to regularize the practice of ozone therapy throughout the national territory.
- Venezuela has decided to create the National Ozone Scientific Center to implement the benefits of ozone therapy.
Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro publicly announced and signed the decree by means of which the “National Ozone Scientific Center” is created to implement the benefits of ozone therapy. The signing of the decree took place in a public ceremony broadcasted on TV and radio on September 13, 2020.
By means of the publicly signed decree, Venezuela has created the “National Ozone Scientific Center” to implement the benefits of ozone therapy. The decree appointed as founding director Dr. Luis Fernando Ojeda Arenas. President Maduro specified that the center already has its own headquarters to begin operating.
The same president listed the following four fundamental objectives of the new “National Ozone Scientific Center ”:
The application of ozone therapy in all its modalities and health uses.
Research and training in ozone therapy.
The registration and certification of professionals.
The industrial capacity for the production of all derivatives of ozone
In this way, Venezuela becomes the 14th country to authorize the practice of ozone therapy throughout its territory.
Countries that have regulated ozone therapy
The following 14 countries have regularized ozone therapy so far:
1. Greece (1991 and 2014)
2. Ukraine (2001 and 2014)
3. Italy in 3 regions (2003, 2006, 2007, 2009)
4. China (2005)
5. Russia (2005 and 2007)
6. Spain in 15 autonomous communities (between 2007 and 2012)
7. Cuba (2009 and 2015)
8. Sultanate of Oman (2010)
9. United Arab Emirates (UAE) in Dubai (2011)
10. Portugal (2013 and 2014)
11. Turkey (2014)
12. Brazil in dentistry (2015) and in medicine in the public sector (2018)
13. Mexico in a state (2018)
14. Venezuela (2020)