Who may apply:
Physicians, Dentists, Pharmacists and Biochemists.
Deadline to apply: March 15, 2015
How to apply:
Applicants must carefully read before sending their applications the “Rules of the International Scientific Committee on Ozone Therapy (ISCO3) for the Election of the New Committee for the Period 2015-2020”. Rules Approved by ISCO3 Members on January 5, 2015.
Number of members of the Committee.
Twenty one ozone therapists from different countries around the world.
Who is the current president of ISCO3:
Dr. Velio Bocci (Italy), Father of the Modern Ozone Therapy. Emeritus Professor of Physiology at the University of Siena. Author of about 480 publications and monographs, and three books on oxygen-ozone therapy. Hans Wolff Prize for innovative researches in the field of ozonetherapy. Stramezzi Prize by the Academy of History of Medical Art in Rome.
Content of the application letter:
Applicants are requested to:
- To indicate the reasons why you are applying.
- To state clearly you commitment to the objectives of ISCO3.
- To affirm you have signed the Madrid Declaration on Ozone Therapy.
- To select in which of the four ISCO3 subcommittees you would like to stay: Internal Medicine; Traumatology and Orthopedics; Neurosurgery; Dentistry.
The enumeration that follows do not substitute the “Rules of the International Scientific Committee on Ozone Therapy (ISCO3) for the Election of the New Committee for the Period 2015-2020”. Rules Approved by ISCO3 Members on January 5, 2015.
Applicants shall demonstrate a clear commitment to the ISCO3 objectives. To be a member of ISCO3 shall be an honor but at the same time it implies a serious commitment to work and actively participate in the different tasks of the committee.
The ISCO3 is an independent body; and its members shall act within the ISCO3 only in their own capacity.
Applicants must demonstrate experience and knowledge in ozone therapy and have published papers on indexed medical journals. Applicants must be fluent both on written and spoken English.
Applicants must sign the “Madrid Declaration on Ozone Therapy” and to commit themselves for its dissemination and application.
ISCO3 does not request payment at any stage of the application. ISCO3 members are due to pay annual contributions to assure the normal running of the committee.
Currents tasks of ISCO3
- To update the “Madrid Declaration on Ozone Therapy”. The Declaration is the guiding and working document of the International Scientific Committee (ISCO3). The updated version of the Declaration will be officially presented at the “International Meeting of the Madrid Declaration on Ozone Therapy”, in the Royal National Academy of Medicine, Madrid, June 12, 2015.ISCO3 requested ozone therapist around the world to send their proposals to improve the Declaration. A high number of proposals were received until January 31, 2015.
The ISCO3 Updating Core Group is currently working in elaborating a draft taking into account the suggestions received.
- To organize the “International Meeting of The Madrid Declaration on Ozone Therapy – Towards an United Approach to the Practice of Ozone Therapy Worldwide” with the logistical support of AEPROMO (Spanish Association of Medical Professionals in Ozone Therapy), in the Royal National Academy of Medicine, Madrid (Spain) Friday June 12th, 2015.
The International Meetings was awarded with the “Sanitary Interest “title given by the Spanish Health Authorities on February 4, 2015.
- To approve official documents of the committee. A paper on “Ozone Therapy: Continuing Education and University Diploma” will be issued in the second part of 2015. Papers on other subjects related to ozone therapy will follow.
The following four official papers have been approved and issued by ISCO3:
· “Ozone Therapy and its Scientific Foundations”. November 18, 2012.
· “Ozone Therapy and Legislation – Analysis for its Regularization”. November 18, 2012.
· “Ozone in Non-Rheumatic Locomotor System Pathologies”. July 11, 2014.
- To keep updating the ISCO3 “Ozone Therapy International Library”.The library is online and of free access. It contains more than 2000 records: indexed and not indexed papers, books, thesis, historical papers and other documents. The online library is a potent research and knowledge tool to the service of all ozone therapists around the world.
For more information:
- Tel. (+34) 669685429 – (+34) 91 3515175
- Fax: (+34) 913515175
- Headquarters of ISCO3: Avenida Juan Andrés 60, Local 1 bajo – 28035 Madrid, Spain